Wednesday, November 21, 2012

To work or not to work...that is the question.....

My old boss called my in July and asked if I wanted to come back to work. My first thought was probably not especially since I had just started pursing teaching a couple of classes at Weber State University and was worried about being away from Charlotte (I never thought I would be that person). I met with one of the partners in August and we came to a deal that worked for both of us. So I decided to go back to work one day a week and work a few hours from home. It has actually been AWESOME to get out of the house one day a week and luckily my mom loves Charlotte almost as much as I do and takes good care of her while I'm gone. I love being at home with her more than anything, but is has been so nice to be back with a great group of people and feel like my brain is getting some variety. They have been super flexible and great about everything. And they pay me a LOT more than being a part time professor, so I can't complain.

When I started the last week of September, I had to go to San Francisco for a few days. With a nursing child it posed a bit of a problem so my mom was nice enough to come out with me and watch Charlotte while I was at work. We managed a few fun things while we were there. Unfortunately it was a bit chilly so we only made it to the Fisherman Wharf one night. But the boat ride and Seafood Dinner were great.


 
A couple weeks later we had a retreat at the St. Regis in Deer Valley. It was an amazing place. I'm pretty sure I'm too cheap to fork out the small fortune in costs to stray there, so it was fun to go and enjoy when it's free. Matt bought Charlotte up when he came for the night. I didn't take very many pictures but I did get Charlotte exploring the room.

 
My favorite part was the tram you have to ride to get from the check-in lobby to the actual hotel. Charlotte loved it, we could have ridden it all day. 
 

No comments: