Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sledding and swimming in the same week

When we moved back to Bountiful we signed up for memberships at the rec center just a few blocks from our house. We signed up so we would have a gym and I didn't realized they have an awesome aquatic center open all year. We never went in the summer because we have a pool at our house and most swimming sessions with Charlotte were less than thirty minutes. One of my friends was telling me how fun it was for kids so a couple months ago we decided to go. It has become almost a weekly tradition now. It is fun because of bunch of girls in my ward have passes so we can take the kids and let them play and have some company. Everyday from noon to 2 is a mom and kids only swim so there is hardly anyone there and it is pretty much babies and toddlers which is nice (no big monster kids to splash everywhere). I've never taken my camera but Matt asked me to take some pictures so I finally remembered last week. Charlotte and her buddy Elise had a ball. It has been a fun thing to do since the weather has been rotten. Charlotte loves the water. She doesn't seem to mind being splashed in the face or going under when she falls. Hopefully it lasts...



Last Friday it started snowing and it didn't stop for almost three days. We got a ton of snow. We went sledding with our friends Brett and Carlee and their two boys. There is a great sledding hill at a golf course by our house so we headed up there. Their youngest is under 2 so him and Charlotte weren't quite sure about it. Matt took Charlotte on a couple of runs. The she got cold pretty fast so we only stayed about 30 minutes.




We had dinner at our house after. Nothing like a Costco box to entertain the kids.

The first day it snowed Charlotte wouldn't leave the window so I dressed her up and headed outside. She loved it. It started snowing hard while she was playing so I took her in and she started crying. She didn't seem to mind the cold.

No comments: