Sunday, June 3, 2012

To Omaha and back again (and everything in between)


Wow what a crazy month May was. Things have been so busy this is the first time I feel like I've had two minutes to sit and write about it. I blog primarily because I'm terrible at keeping a journal so a blog gives me some record of our lives. This month's events are definitely worth some time on the old blog.



I hardly know where to start, so I guess with one of my favorite things in this world, my little Charlotte. On the 5th she was FIVE months. Time goes so fast but at the same time I feel like she has always been a part of our family. She is growing and learning so much. I can't get enough of her. Here are a few things about her at five months



- Always smiling (her smile kills me)
- Loves to babble to herself
- Loves walks outside
- Went swimming for her first time
- Went to the temple for the first time (KC open house)
- Is sitting up by herself pretty well
- Likes to play on the floor
- Loves to try and put her feet in her mouth
- Loves the tub
- Mastered rolling over
- Did her first belly laughs
- Loves babies and kids (especially her best buddy Scotty)






Family Trip to Nauvoo

My parents and sister and brother-in-law came out the week before graduation so we could go to Nauvoo.  Nauvoo is such a great place. I have been a coupe of other times and every time a go I learn something new and gain an even deeper appreciation for those early church members. They had such great faith. I want to be more like them. We found some really cool family history stuff while we were there. It was such a great trip.

Joseph, Emma and Hyrum Smith graves.

Hall of the 70's

Mississippi River

Our HUGE hotel room. It was basically like a house. I will be staying there again if we ever go back!








 


OKU - Matt received an invitation to be inducted into the national dental honor's society OKU. They held an awards banquet the night before graduation.





Graduation!!!!! I still can't believe he is officially a Dr. (well a tooth doctor as we always joke). Seriously he worked so hard. I am so proud of him. Matt will never, ever toot his own horn but I was so proud I had to that day. He graduated Summa Cum Laude one of only two people in the class to do so. I don't write that to be prideful, I was just so proud of him. He really worked his butt off and deserved it.

The day of hooding the dental school had an awards ceremony for a small group of the dental students. Matt received three awards. Again we were so proud. We are glad our parents and my sister and her husband could come out and celebrate with us.

 Awards Ceremony
 


 Hooding...Its official!!!!
 



 

 Commencement (Day 2)
 


 

 So proud of her daddy!

The R-Dep group. Such a great group of people.


The only bad part of the process was saying goodbye to the amazing people we shared three years of our life with. This part actually just stunk (it actually really sucked I just don't like that word). We grew so close to some people out there they really became family. Saying goodbye knowing we might never see some of them again was really hard. I could babble forever about this but I won't.

The final R-Dep BBQ. The group expanded quite a bit over the last 4 years! Such an amazing group.



Five of the ten of us had babies within about 8 weeks. This was the first time we managed to get everyone together.

In order from oldest to youngest.


All the girls




BBQ at Dahlia's. Again another bitter sweet night. Three years with these girls was not long enough. Such amazing friends. I will miss them like crazy.

This was just too funny not to put in. We played this dancing game that night and this is Matt and Dave going head to head. He'll probably kill me for putting this on.


This picture just makes me want to cry. I absolutely LOVE these ladies. This is at breakfast the day we left. They don't come better than these.


Charlotte's last zoo trip with her little friend Creighton.


I didn't get pictures of everyone but those are what I have. I will miss you all!!

After a few crazing days packing, some tears, lots of driving, a few more tears and a ton of amazing memories of Omaha we arrived in Utah on the 15th. This is Charlotte playing in her new house waiting for Grandpa and Grandma to get there with the truck.


All that in only 15 days....and the next 15 weren't much quieter (update to come soon) but have been amazing as well catching up with family and reunions with incredible friends (and not so amazing unpacking our house). We are truly blessed and have such an amazing life. I am loving everyday and look forward to the new adventures in front of us.


2 comments:

Burt Bunch said...

Oh man, this brings tears to my eyes! I keep forgetting that when we get back to Omaha, it's not going to be the same! :( These are all awesome pics!

supertosha said...

I just got a little teary too! You know I love ya! Thanks for being such amazing friends! These have been some increadable years and I feel pretty blessed that we got to share them with you guys!